(Ref: 2021/STE/04) – One (1) Position; Contract period: Six (6) months
Reporting to the Manager, Medical Laboratories, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Assisting in the management, preparation, updating and maintenance of schedules of accreditation, updating and uploading in the database of accredited and applicant clients within a defined annual schedule.
- Processing assigned accreditation activities from application stage to grant of accreditation and the subsequent annual maintenance of their accreditations.
- Assisting in undertaking assessment planning, scheduling and compiling the accreditation programme for assigned Clients
- Assessment participating in for various assessments within the department or as assigned
- Assisting in the coordination and tracking of the corrective action process timelines and liaising with the assessment team leader on submissions from assigned Clients
- Reviewing assessment reports for completeness and preparing assigned Client reports for peer review, decisions and preparing communication to clients on accreditation decisions
- Identifying suitable expertise from the assessor’s database, supporting the monitoring of the performance of team leaders, assessors and technical experts, compiling and collating required reports
- Liaising with applicant organisations and managing their applications and the assessment activities through to accreditation.
- Maintaining accurate records and reporting on all client information, and acting as the point of contact for assigned Clients and managing assigned assessment caseload for routine surveillance, re-assessment work, extensions to the accredited scope and tracking subsequent follow-up actions
- Acting as a liaison with the finance department in the preparation of proforma invoices, invoices for clients and in the payment of assessors.
- Assisting in responding to technical enquires, collecting and collating the Client feedback and preparing respective reports
- Assisting in preparations for various meetings, attending and preparing meeting outputs, including minutes
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Engineering related fields from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications, and
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution.
Skills and Competencies
- Communication and working with people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Drive for results, continuous learning and knowledge sharing; and
- Technological awareness
How to Apply
Interested candidates who wish to apply for any of the positions must complete the application bio data form (here), cover letter or email, and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. In addition, applicants must also attach the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Candidates should submit their completed application form and required attachment by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be received on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on Friday 12th November 2021.
Note: Interested candidates should provide all the details requested, and it is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Kenya Accreditation Service is an equal opportunity employer, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
THE KENYA ACCREDITATION SERVICE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.